The primary purpose of the Inside Sales Professional role is to increase machine tool sales, resulting in increased market presence for Westway, and support outside sales staff. This Sales position is intended to be a developmental opportunity to become an outside Sales Professional in the future. Position reports to the Sales Manager, with dotted reporting relationships to the President, Vice President, Service Manager and Credit Manager.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Assist walk-in customers with their machine requirements by answering customer questions and providing accurate product information
- Business development – Telephone cold calling by managing and building relationships with current and new clients to increase Sales in a house geographical territory
- Client site visits within local house territory as deemed beneficial to closing the sale.
- Provide technical product sales support to inbound sales calls and inquiries from own client list and on behalf of outside Sales Representatives.
- Respond to customer requests for quotes; prepare and follow up on quotes in a timely manner providing pricing and technical specification information; negotiate pricing with customers within pre-determined Westway guidelines.
- By utilizing product expertise, recommend product selection based on client application and product capabilities
- Maintain up to date information in customer database including “summarizing activities”
- Develop and maintain knowledge of Westway product lines (e.g. specifications, key selling features. competitive advantages), as well as stay current with industry changes and Westway’s competition.
- Assist outside Sales Representatives with their customers, as necessary, sharing sales leads, assisting others with quotes and demonstrating machines as requested.
- Determine high value sales opportunities that should be referred to the Outside Sales staff for follow up
- Make pricing recommendations to the Sales manager in order to secure sales
- Recommend process or procedural changes to increase business or sales efficiencies
- Identify inventory replenishment issues to Sales Manager to maintain inventory levels
- Liaise with suppliers to communicate and clarify product orders to ensure the customer applications are fully understood and confirm the correct solution has been offered.
- Liaise with Westway staff to resolve day-to-day issues related to clients, products, quality, and client credit approval.
- Work with Service Manager to ensure demonstrations and after sales service obligations are completed in a timely manner
- Ensure customer satisfaction with recent purchases and reporting deficiencies for improvement
- Participate in trade shows
- Participate in local and international supplier training
- Sales administration (e.g. submit sales reports and expense reports on time)
- Minimum 1-3 years of successful machine tools (preferred) inside or outside sales experience
- High school graduate
- Community college diploma in related technical metal working program is an asset
- A metal working trade certificate (ie. Metal Fabrication, Tool & Die, Hvac, Welding) is an asset
- Proven customer service orientation including patience with challenging customers
- Valid driver’s license (G?)
- Valid passport
- Ability to work in changing environment
- Ability to complete detailed work with accuracy
- Energetic and able to a handle high volume of work
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must have excellent organizational and multi-tasking skills with ability to prioritize effectively
- Ability to work effectively independently and with others
- Strong mechanical aptitude, with the ability to grasp and retain technical concepts.
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office and customer relationship management system; experience with P21 is an asset.
If you have a strong customer focus and want to join a committed and talented team of individuals then we would love to hear from you. Please send your resume with cover letter outlining your salary expectations to
JOB LOCATION: Westway Machinery Ltd., 2370 Cawthra Rd., Mississauga, ON L5A 2X1
For more information about Westway visit our web site at www.westwaymachinery.com