As a result of continued growth at Westway Machinery, we have a permanent Field Service Technician opportunity available. Westway Machinery is a leading Canadian metal forming machinery supplier established in 1972. Our employees have the opportunity for career growth and development in a supportive environment. Westway is a stable family-owned business that offers job security, competitive salary and comprehensive benefits.
Delivering superior metal forming equipment solutions through our expertise, products and services is a top priority at Westway Machinery, therefore your ability to provide high quality service to each customer makes you a top-notch candidate.
- Provide technical product support to customers and staff
- Provide the necessary expertise for customer machine start ups and operator training on new equipment.
- Travel to customer sites primarily in Ontario with occasional site visits out of the province to perform customer service in the field
- Review customer equipment problems
- Diagnose, repair and maintain machines/equipment in a timely, safe and professional manner
- Make recommendations regarding the extent of repairs and suggestions for improvements
- Perform pre-delivery inspections and repairs
- Update database, and communicate with vendors by email or phone
- Warehouse maintenance as necessary
- Completed Grade 12 education
- Completed Electro-mechanical or Mechtronics program at college or trade school
- Vendor-based, on-site or off-site equipment-specific training is provided. Westway will reimburse for training and travel costs.
- 5 years Service Technician experience in electro-mechanical or hydraulics/pneumatics. Metal Forming industry experience is required.
- Thorough knowledge of diagnostic, maintenance and repair of electro-mechanical equipment.
- Hoisting and rigging experience
- PLC, CNC, Controls – Logic Programming/diagnostics experience
- AC/DC Servo drives & motion control knowledge
- Ability to read drawings, and schematics
- Proven customer service experience
- Ability to complete detailed work with accuracy
- Energetic and able to a handle high volume of work
- Self-motivated and able to work in a fast paced environment with minimal supervision
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; French language skills are an asset
- Ability to work effectively independently and with others
- Computer literate – MS Office suite knowledge
- Valid driver’s license and passport
- Keyboarding skills @ 30 wpm
If you have a strong customer focus and want to join a committed and talented team of individuals then we would love to hear from you. Please send your resume with cover letter outlining your salary expectations to
JOB LOCATION: Westway Machinery Ltd., 2370 Cawthra Rd., Mississauga, ON L5A 2X1