Humble Beginnings: Westway Machinery has been family owned and operated since its founding in 1972 by Rudy Walter, a trained and apprenticed machine-tool specialist from Germany. After emigrating to Canada in the late 1950s, Rudy worked for a number of significant Canadian machine distributors, but Rudy was determined to establish his own company and in 1972, Westway Machinery was born.
Family Owned and Operated: Rudy’s sons, Frank and Bernie, joined the family enterprise in 1979 and 1980, respectively. In 1980, Westway Machinery moved from its humble origins at the Walter family home into a small 6,000 square foot warehouse, and sold used machine tools. In 1982, Westway began importing machines from Taiwan for the local market. In 1990, Westway enjoyed a significant increase by expanding the warehouse’s capacity to 10,000 square feet and employing ten full-time staff.
Gradual Growth: In 1992, Westway Machinery changed locations again to our present site at 2370 Cawthra Road, and continued to add new lines of products and changed the focus to the metal stamping and forming manufacturing industries. By 2000, Westway added 8,000 more square feet of warehouse space and a 30 ton crane to move machinery around the now-28,000 square foot warehouse. In 2011, two more equipment lines were added.
New Machines and Preowned Machines: Although Westway began selling used machines, today we are one of Ontario’s largest dealers of new machines—including the impressive line of SAFAN electronic press brakes and FLOW’s abrasive waterjets. Westway has an impressive inventory of over 500 new machines in stock to suit nearly every application, and 90 used machines that we invite you to make an offer on. Feel free to visit our massive showroom and warehouse to see live demonstrations of our machines.
Dedicated to Service: Westway Machinery means service. We maintain the largest concentration of metal-forming and metal-fabrication machinery parts and accessories in Ontario. We stock a full array of machine parts so that you don’t have to endure long downtimes. If we don’t have your part, then we can obtain it for you—quickly.
Our Mission and Vision: Our mission has always been, and continues to be, to privilege the customer first, create the greatest possible value for the customer, and treat all customers, partners, and stakeholders with the ultimate in respect, dignity, and integrity. That’s the Westway way.
Westway Machinery provides
- The best metal-forming and metal-fabricating machinery and accessories on the market;
- Extraordinary, risk-free equipment productivity;
- Exceptional product expertise and ongoing support.
Exclusive Partnerships: Because of our commitment to our customers’ service and ongoing support, Westway has been chosen by these select manufacturers to represent their quality lines of machinery:
- BAYKAL: Baykal is a leading manufacturer and global supplier of high quality sheet metal working machinery. Westway Machinery carries Baykal’s hydraulic shears and hydraulic press brakes because of their rigid construction—Baykal machines are built strong and built to last.
- FABMASTER: Fabmaster ironworkers, punching, and bending machines have a strong reputation for stability, reliability, and safety for shops throughout Canada. Fabmaster is the maker of the safest ironworkers in the industry with extra guarding around the punch and other stations.
- SEYI: Since 1962, SEYI has been dedicated to building high quality, innovative, and world-class stamping presses. SEYI presses are built for the demands of even the toughest stamping-room floors.
- MAZAK: Established in 1919, Mazak is a global leader in the machine tool industry. They manufacture a range of tools including laser processing machines, CNC turning centers, multi-tasking centers, and automation systems.
- FLOW: Westway Machinery is the authorized FLOW abrasive Waterjet genuine parts depot for all of Canada. Westway Machinery enjoys an exclusive partnership with the world’s abrasive waterjet innovator. Our service technicians are especially trained to service FLOW’s incredibly versatile cutting technology.
- Timesavers: Westway is also the exclusive distributor of Timesavers metal grinding, deburring, and finishing products in Ontario and Quebec.
- SAFAN-DARLEY: Westway is particularly proud to announce that we are now the exclusive Canadian distributor of SAFAN machinery products, including SAFAN’s revolutionary line of electronic brake presses and shears.
- SOCO: Westway enjoys exclusivity throughout Canada with the elite Taiwan machine-manufacturer’s quality line of tube-benders and circular saws.
Our specially trained service, parts, and sales teams are ready to meet and solve your particular machinery problem at any time. That’s the Westway tradition!
Telephone: (905) 803.9999 | Toll free: 1-800-263-1199 | firstname.lastname@example.org